Hola todos...
Everything is going great here in Uruguay. We had a great week in which we found some really good investigators that we are working with right now. Yes mom, Elder Jimenez called his family, both his mom and dad on Mother's Day. Thanks for all the support that you give us both.
We had stake conference here this week and it was the hardest week yet to get our investigators to come to church because it was Mother`s Day (they changed it by a week because of their election which was on the real Mother`s Day), and it was in the stake center which is quite a ways for people who don`t have cars, which is just about everyone here.
We have two really good investigators right now, Lucia and Susana. Lucia is our first investigator who actually read and prayed about our message, and guess what... she knows it`s true, What a surprise, hahaha... She has one little daughter and a husband who isn`t so sure that our message is true, because he hasn`t prayed about it yet.
The other is Susana and we met her when we offered to do some service to help her clean up her yard. She was very grateful and invited us in to talk about how we could help her and 1 hour later she had asked us so many questions about how our church works and what we do and why we were here as missionaries. She is very interested and we took her to the chapel to give her a tour of the inside and explain what we do in each room. When we were showing her the baptismal font, she asked what do I have to do to become a member of your church... GOLDEN!!! She is very excited and is coming to church next week and wants to start participating in all the activities already in Relief Society. We need to find out if she is married, we think so but need to be sure, in order to place a baptismal date with her, but I feel that she is going to be my first baptism here in the mission!
I`m so excited and have been praying a whole lot to be able to help our investigators get their own testimonies and to find more people to teach and bring unto Christ. We met our goal of 200 contacts this week and I`m excited to expand our other goals that we have in place.
Thanks for all the support and help from you all. I love you very much and know that this church is truly restored by the authority of God through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that God loves each and everyone of you individually and personally. There`s much work for me to do and sadly only a little bit of time. I pray for you always and know that I`m safe in the hands of the Lord here (and a great trainer).
Until next week,
Elder Gardner
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment