Hey everyone...
I`m still alive, don`t worry... Sorry you didn`t receive an email from me last week. My email wouldn`t open and so I tried to send an email with Elder Bermudez`s email, but I guess something went wrong if you didn`t receive it. I still am safe, healthy and happy! Sadly, Elder Bermudez was called to serve in the northern part of Montevideo and is no longer my companion. I am still in Sarandi Grande and now am the senior companion with Elder Jackson who has been in the mission for about 4 months. We are excited to work together and to continue seeing miracles in Sarandi Grande. I love you all and thanks for your love, support, letters and prayers.
Happy Birthday this week Colin and I hope you had a great birthday last week Mason. How is your back doing Mom? How is everything going with work and your calling Dad? We are going to continue giving piano classes in Sarandi Grande and are excited for the people that we are preparing for Baptism this month. Rosa, Vanessa, and Tatiana continue strong with their goal of baptism even though we have to move it back a week due to preparations. We are also teaching two other youth and their mother and grandparents. It will be great if they all get baptized together as a big family.
Conference was great. I watched the first session in Spanish and the rest in English after they got the cable working for the English broadcast. I especially liked the Priesthood session and the Sunday Sessions. I felt the spirit very strongly and can`t wait to see how applying the teachings of the prophet and other general authorities will bless us in the work of the Lord as missionaries. Sadly we did not have many members or investigators come to the conference due to transportation difficulties, but our branch president and his family came at least (because they have their own car.) What was your favorite part about conference? It was really cool to see Elder Arnold speak in conference having heard from him personally in the mission only 2 months before. I love you all and am enjoying the mission with all my heart and am very excited to continue as a servant of the Lord in Uruguay. Please pray for Rosa, Vanessa, and Tatiana and their baptism on October 16th.
Read your scriptures every day and never forget to pray to receive personal revelation to help and guide you in each day. Sorry you didn`t get an email from me last week and I hope that you all remain safe, healthy and happy. Love you. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God.
Elder Gardner
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment