Hola Todos...
Hey everyone, don`t worry that you didn`t get an email yesterday. there was another technical difficulty problem with my email, but I got permission from the zone leaders to email you all today during lunch and my email worked this time. I don`t know what caused the problem before, but it`s a recurring problem here in Sarandi Grande.
Thanks for the emails and prayers. We saw some amazing miracles this last week!!! I`m glad that you all had some great birthday celebrations and sounds like all is going well with the family back in Arizona.
So a little about my new companion... His name is Elder Jackson and everyone here asks him if he is related to Michael Jackson. He is from Ogden. Utah. all his family are members, but he is the first from his family to leave on a mission. He is really cool, nice and fun. His favorite sport is basketball and he likes music and can play the Ukuleli a little bit. He has been in the mission for about 5 months and this is his second area and I am his second companion. His Spanish is very good for only being in his 3rd transfer here. We get along really well and he is my first American companion here in the mission. I am now senior companion and we are working really hard.
Alright now for the miracles that we saw this week! We went and visited Rosa and her two daughters on Thursday of this last week to see how they were coming on their goal for being baptized and we were a little concerned for them because the 12 year old daughter, Vanessa, had had some doubts before and they didn`t seem so excited for their baptism yet... But when we arrived, they didn`t want to wait another a single second to be baptized. They wanted to be baptized on October 9th, and they were!!! Their now active stepfather/husband prepared himself to be worthy and active in time to baptize his family and last Saturday the family was baptized and the spirit was so strong in their baptismal service. And on Sunday they were confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the Holy Ghost. They all shared their testimonies in the testimony meeting and are now the strongest family in the branch it would seem. We had family home evening with them yesterday and they invited a friend over who is practically ready to be baptized too without us asking them to. They are very excited to share the gospel and are very happy with their goal to endure to the end and be sealed in the temple in a year.
And speaking of temples I found out that we will have the chance to attend the temple on November 10th, I`m so excited !!!!!
I love you all and hope that you stay safe, healthy and happy. Don`t forget to smile and be happy!
Love,
Elder Gardner
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment