¨I love to see the temple, I´m going there Wednesday...¨ well that´s not exactly how the song goes, hahaha. We have officially won the rat wars because there has not been another sign of our little rodent friends this whole week. We are still safe and happy. It´s starting to warm up down here and I can tell that summer is going to be fun with the humidity.
You remembered right on the garment size and I remembered something else that I would like you to send me... I was wondering if you could send me my John Smidt piano book (it can wait till later if it will make the Christmas package too heavy). And yes they do celebrate Halloween here in Uruguay, but it`s not near as fun as it is in the States. There were a few young kids trick or treating (dulce o truco in Spanish) dressed up in their little costumes but nearly nobody participates and hands out candy, so the poor little kids don`t have much success in their candy search.
This week was a good week, but we are still having trouble in getting our investigators and the members to come to church. We are trying everything that we can and are hoping to resolve this problem soon to help out the small branch here in Sarandi Grande. Also changes are coming this next week so we will find out on Sunday if I stay or if I go from Sarandi Grande. We are hoping that we get at least 6 weeks more together but it`s possible that I will be transferred this next week.
Americo didn`t come to church this week!!! but he still wants to get baptized and has a date for the 20th. Please keep him in your prayers so that he can prepare himself for the 20th. We are also trying to help Nibia Blanco get baptized this month. If she doesn`t put in her part this week then I`m afraid that we will have to leave her for a while and let some other missionaries try later on. Valeria is progressing though and we taught her husband Juan yesterday (but he is only in town every other weekend or so and it`s hard to keep contact with his work schedule in the campo), but both him and his wife Valeria have stopped smoking this week and are making arrangements for their wedding so that they can schedule it with Juan`s work.
We found a really good 19 year old new investigator this week named Jorge who stopped us in the street and asked us if we taught English. He wants to move to New York one day and is learning a lot about the gospel at the same time. Please keep him in your prayers so that he can continue progressing.
It was good to hear from you all and I hope that all will go well at the homefront and especially with Mom`s back. I´ll tell you more about how the temple was next week.
Love you,
Elder Gardner
| My house in Sarandi Grande... Well half of that was our house, the other half belonged to an older lady. |
| Lunch in a bowl. |
No comments:
Post a Comment