Hola a todos...
How is everyone doing? I`m still alive and healthy and very happy! We officially declared war on the rat this week because we began to take casualties (the rice and the bread). So we attacked with our weapons of rat destruction and left out a poison that looks like food that poisons a rat by degrees so it won`t recognize the food as poison and we put up a mouse trap. The food was eaten in the first day and that same night we heard the trap go off and found our little friend red handed dead in the trap. We haven`t had any problems with anything after that, but we left the trap set and the poison out just in case he had friends. We celebrated our victory and were really glad that neither of us got sick from him. We hope that this is the end of our rodent problems here in Sarandi Grande.
This week was a great week. We had an activity for the branch and we watched the Testaments and ate refreshments together as a branch. Not too many people came but we ended up with about 10 members and 2 investigators. We are running into other difficulties with permission from parents against our youth who want to get baptized. Alison said that her dad isn`t too excited about the idea and we can`t seem to find either of the parents home because they work all the time. We do have another name to ask you to put in the temple. His name is Denis and he is a father of a small family. We put a baptismal date with him this week for the 20th of November. His wife isn`t listening to us yet and they have 2 little kids.
Elder Jackson and I are getting along really well and we are both really excited for the chance we have in a week and a half to go to the temple. We go on the 10th of November and will have time to do a session. It will be 3 zones in my group which Elder Jimenez is in one of these zones.
Valeria is working hard to quit smoking so she can prepare herself to be baptized after she gets married. And we are hoping to help Americo get baptized on the 13th. Please keep them in your prayers so they can overcome their obstacles before their baptism.
I love you all and glad to hear that I have champion football players for brothers. I`m keeping you all in my prayers and hope that all goes well with your surgery mom and that dad can balance everything that he needs to do with work, church and the family. The only other thing that I can think of for the bday-Christmas list is some more drylux garments because those ones are holding up still, but the cotton ones are starting to wear out.
I love you all so much and hope that you keep being blessed by the Lord like I have been being blessed. Here`s your scripture Colin: ¨Y ahora yo, Moroni, quisiera hablar algo concerniente a estas cosas; quisiera mostrar al mundo que la fe es las cosas que se esperan y no se ven; por tanto, no contendàis porque no veis, porpue no recibìs ningùn testimonio sino hasta despuès de la prueba de vuestra fe.¨(Èter 12:6).
I`m going to finish the Doctrine and Covenants this week. I`m in Section 128 now and am just about to finish reading all of D&C in Spanish. I`ve learned a lot about missionary work and temple work from D&C these past couple of weeks. I love you all! Until next week!!!
Love,
Elder Gardner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment