Monday, November 28, 2011

I'M GOING TO DURAZNO!!!

Hola a todos...

I´m going to be transferred to Durazno (in english that means Peach, so it will be a peachy area). It is a city in the center of Uruguay, which also means that I´ll be farther away from the ocean and it will be even hotter! I will be with Elder Clarke, he is a great, fun missionary that I know we will get along and work great together. I heard also that Elder Thompson (the missionary I trained) was called to be a zone leader in one of the zones in Montevideo!

There have been a lot of miracles in the entire mission this month. We set a record of 150 baptisms in the month of November (that is about 50 baptisms more than the average for the past year). In Maroñas, we reached exactly our goal of 21 baptisms in November reaching our goal. We had a great baptismal service here in Belloni with the baptism of Brian and Luis from our area and a family of 4 in the other missionaries´ area. Our example from last month was seen and followed this month because not only us, but about 4 other zones also reached their goals for november, it definitely was great to see that other zones are also progressing like Maroñas is. I think I know why The Lord and Pres. Da Silva is sending me to be a zone leader in Durazno... They only had 5 baptisms in all of November between the 18 missionaries that are in that zone. I feel that the Lord is sending me their to help Durazno like Elder Sasselli and I did here in Maroñas.

I´m excited for my new assignment and I know that it will be a great last area and will be a great opportunity for me and other missionaries there to learn and grow in the service of the Lord. I know that miracles are a common thing amoung those who have faith and work diligently to reach inspired goals. I am very grateful for the time that I have left to serve in the Work of the Lord here in Uruguay. 

I haven´t received the packages yet, but I suppose that tomorrow when we go to meet up with our new companions that my box with new shoes will be waiting for me there. Thank you so much for all that you do and for the prayers and support that you always send my way. I always keep you in my prayers as well and hope that you can always have spiritual experiences to help your testimonies continue to grow. I have felt my heart soften and change by serving diligently and studying the Book of Mormon daily I know that it is true and that it has the power to help us change our lives and have a greater disposition to follow Christ. This is the true and only church of Jesus Christ and we are so very blessed to be members of it. Have fun, be safe, enjoy every day and always look and search for opportunities to share the gospel and serve others. I love you so very much and hope you have an excelent week.

Love,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia lawsuits