Monday, January 9, 2012

I WILL FINISH MY MISSION IN THE HOSPITAL, HaHa

Hola a todos...

I am staying in Hospital ward until the end of my mission! And I will be staying here with Elder Clarke still! the other two missionaries from our house were changed out and we will be living with Elder Gold and his brand new missionary that he will be training. I`m excited to stay in this area and I know that it will be a great last 6 weeks!

Mariana did not get baptized this week. The members that were helping here are still sick and they started to pressure her a little too much and she just decided that she doesn`t want to get baptized for now. Sadly, she will have to wait for other missionaries to come and help her get baptized. But we do have a ward baptism this saturday and on the 21st of January, our investigator Renae Francia will be baptized. Possibly we can have 2 baptisms that day with Lucia but she is having some doubts right now and didn`t come to church yesterday. We are also teaching Josè (16 years old) and Mateo (10 years old) who are preparing themselves to be baptized on the 28th, but they need to come to church this sunday! We also found an incomplete family of members and we are teaching two of a members kids who have not yet been baptized. they are the Godoy family. Please keep these people in your prayers, Gracias.
     
It feels very weird knowing that I only have 6 weeks left here in Uruguay. I love it here and I love the people.  I know that it will be very weird going back home and seeing a completely different lifestyle. I love the mission and wouldn`t have traded it for anything else in the world. I have definitely felt and seen my life change in these 2 years and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to serve that the Lord has given me.

I was reading in Preach my Gospel the other day and I found a really good quote that has helped me see how to better help and encourage the members to participate in missionary work more fully.    ¨Missionary work is but home teaching to those who are not now members of the Church, and home teaching is nothing more or less than missionary work to Church members.¨ (Harold B. Lee PMG ch.1 quotes at the end). This can also be applied to visiting teaching as well. Missionary work isn`t so hard or different than what we do to serve others in the church... it`s only applying what we already do to those who are not yet members of the Church. This is His church and He wants all to come unto Him and become members of His church. Let us open our mouths and hearts to those who haven`t found the truth only because they know not where to find it.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia lawsuits